Hot week on the French part of Switzerland! After the Paleo Festival Line-Up announced on Tuesday (see here our review), it was the turn of Montreux Jazz today to reveal the line-up.
What do we think? 8/10: as indie rockers in the recent years Montreux used to offer 1 or max 2 nights worth the price of the tickets, this year there are at least 5/6 very interesting acts: BRMC, Jake Bugg, Two Door Cinema Club, The Lumineers, Girls in Hawaii, The Hives (throw in Green Day as well if you don’t consider them too commercial🙂. All in? much better than the past years in our humble opinion!
All this year’s big names are dedicated to the memory of Claude Nobs, a well deserved “hommage” to the festival founder with: Joe Cocker, Quincy Jones and most importantly Deep Purple that put the festival into history writing “Smoke on the water” in Montreux while the casino was burning. We are sure that from up there, he’s proud to see what his guys have achieved for this year!
What do YOU think? Take part now to the Liberation Montreux Jazz poll!
Full program available here: http://www.montreuxjazzfestival.com/2013/fr/programme13/payant
The Liberation Montreux Jazz Festival Selection:
- July 5th – The Lab: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (read here our recent interview with the band and our concert review @Caprices ) and Soulwax
- July 6th – The Lab: Girls in Hawaii, Cat Power
- July 7th – Stravinski Auditorium: Green Day
- July 8th – The Lab: The Lumineers
- July 10th – The Lab: Jake Bugg, Of Monsters And Men
- July 14th – The Lab: James Blake
- July 15th – The Lab: Two Door Cinema Club
- July 16th – The Lab: The Hives, Mark Lanegan
- July 17th – Stravinski Auditorium: Kraftwerk
- July 19th – Stravinski Auditorium: Brian May, Deep Purple
Hey Hey, My My, Claude will be proud of this!