April is almost over and it’s time to look back at this supposedly springy month to share with you all the best music that made us jump here at The Liberation with our April 2013 Monthly Jam!!
- The Strokes – 50/50: we’ve heard so many debates about the new Strokes albums that here goes our final judgment: it’s (obviously) not as good as “Is This It” or “Room On Fire” but includes at least 4/5 songs that are real tunes. 50/50 it’s one of those!
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Slave: Karen O and company definitely delivered The Liberation’s album of the month for April 13!
- The Veils – Through The Deep Dark Wood: 4th studio album from the London based band, close competitor for album of the month!
- Jagwar Ma – The Throw: Noel Gallagher recently said that he couldn’t think about an Oasis reunion because he was too busy talking with his former band mates about them. That’s recognition!
- British Sea Power – K Hole: a shot of energy from Brighton, enjoy!
- The Thermals – Born To Kill: straight from our Fuckin Monday to our Monthly Jam, any good playlist should include some punk rock!
- Beady Eye – Flick of The Finger: for once we are happy to be wrong (read here our first listen review), this song grows in you the more you listen to it! Can’t wait for the album!
- David Bowie – The Stars (Are Out Tonight): 2 months after the release and several listen, this is our favorite song from the last album of the “White Duke”
- Sixto Rodriguez – Sugar Man: the title song from the rock-documentary “Searching for Sugar Man“, rock emotions in images. More to come on this in the next weeks! Stay tuned on The Liberation!
- Peace – Toxic: from time to time “UK’s next big thing” are really good, that’s the case with Peace. Buy/Download/Steal their album!
- Atoms For Peace – Before Your Very Eyes…: we are not sure where Tom Yorke will go with this and we are not sure it’s worth diverging time and attention from Radiohead but this song is a little gem from Mr. Genius Yorke
- Sex Pistols – Something Else: it’s a cover but brings to life all of Sid Vicious rebellious spirit. Punk for life!
- Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams) – Get Lucky: have they gone too far and become too commercial?
- Palma Violets – 14: all albums should end with a song like this, hidden song included. Don’t miss them out live this summer! (read here our Zurich concert review!)
Hey Hey, My My, April jam to rock YOUR life!