Winter is pretty hard for live rock music fans on the French side of Switzerland, very few concerts are available for indie fans around here, thanks God, summer is a different story (or music) and it comes with a long list of Festivals. Some of them have wrote the history of music (Montreux Jazz), others are part of the local culture and pride (Paleo, Rock Oz’Arenes) some others just keep growing having richer and richer line-ups (Zurich Open Air).
Let’s take a tour around Switzerland to see which artist will be around to rock next summer’s festivals and let’s vote: which festival has the best line-up so far in Switzerland for Summer 2013? VOTE NOW at the bottom of the article!
Don’t miss the previous episodes of our Summer 2013 Festivals Review!
- Read here our Festival Review!
- The Liberation Selection:
- July 5th – The Lab: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (read here our recent interview with the band and our concert review @Caprices ) and Soulwax
- July 6th – The Lab: Girls in Hawaii, Cat Power
- July 7th – Stravinski Auditorium: Green Day
- July 8th – The Lab: The Lumineers
- July 10th – The Lab: Jake Bugg, Of Monsters And Men
- July 14th – The Lab: James Blake
- July 15th – The Lab: Two Door Cinema Club
- July 16th – The Lab: The Hives, Mark Lanegan
- July 17th – Stravinski Auditorium: Kraftwerk
- July 19th – Stravinski Auditorium: Brian May, Deep Purple
The Liberation Selection:
- Tuesday July 23rd: Neil young and the crazy Horses, Phoenix, Alt-J, Two Gallants, Palma Violets (read here our review from their recent concert in Zurich)
- Wednesday July 24th: Arctic Monkeys, Smashing Pumpkins, Beach House
- Thursday July 25th: Sigur Ros, Santana (if you are a nostalgic rocker)
- Friday July 26th: Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
- Saturday July 27th: Blur
- The Liberation Selection: Saturday July 20th: The Smashing Pumpkins, Hurts, Chase & Status
- Few selections from a line-up centered mainly on German rock
- The Liberation Selection: Nine Inch Nails, Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Miles Kane, The XX, The Knife, Justice (DJ set), Two Door Cinema Club, Belle & Sebastian, Eels
- The Liberation Selection: Queens of the Stone Age, Prodigy, SKA-P, NOFX, Bad Religion
- The Liberation Selection: The Kills, Skunk Anansie, Archive, Kaiser Chiefs, FUN.
- The Liberation Selection: Tenacious D, Biffy Clyro, Archive, Editors, The Wombats, Frightened, Rabbit, Frank Turner
- The Liberation Selection: Band of Horses (15th)
- The Liberation Selection: Franz Ferdinand, Eels, Crystal Castle
Vote Now for your favorite Swiss festival line-up so far!